March 10, 2011

Life is good :)


Lately, I have been thinking alot about various things. Now, this might sound like a broad statement, so let me break it down for you! :)

1)   I have been viewing my husband more and more as the greatest blessing in my life. I have the most incredible husband! Andrew has been such a blessing to me everyday of my life [even on the days that we drive each other crazzzzy] and I don't want to take him for granted. I love him more everyday, which sounds cliche' but it's so true. I honestly can't imagine my life without him. He is my other half; the better half. He makes me who I want to be.


2)    I have been thinking about God alot lately. Now, usually when I think about God, I think about love. I think about faith. I think about life. But lately, I have been thinking ALOT about how powerful God is & how I truly fear him! I never thought about how much power the Lord has before. And lately, it has been on my heart just how fragile life is and how our time here on this earth is SHORT and without God, it would be meaningless. I have been thinking about death and how life here on this earth is like a single breath compared to forever.

I have a strange way of thinking about forever that frightens me. I have always been afraid of the unknown and the thought of forever (never-ending, ever-lasting, goes on-and-on-and-on) makes my heart start beating fast. I know that I should feal secure in my relationship with Christ, but I still worry about what is to come. What it will be like to be in heaven. What it will be like to have a heavenly form. Will I know my family? Will I know my precious husband? Will it matter if I don't? Forever makes my mind swirl around and usually I just avoid the topic and think about happier things. Certain things.

----------> So in a nutshell lately, I have been praying for peace that passes all understanding. Just like Philippians 4:7 says, And the peace of God, which passes all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus. I need to look beyond what I don't understand and trust Christ. I need to rest in peace of heart and peace of mind in the promise that I am his child that he will take care of...forever...


3.    I have been thinking about friendships. Friendships are hard. They take alot out of you...but that are more worth it than I know how to describe!!! I was able to spend last Saturday with my darling friend Mary, who I love so much. We spent the day shopping and talking. I had so much fun. When I haven't spent time fellowshipping with a woman for awhile, I think I forget how amazing it truly is. To share my heart with another women is so different than sharing it with my husband! Even though he loves me, he doesn't always understand why I think, or desire or long for things that way another woman does. Anyways, I always try to be intentional in my friendships and make time for them, but I need to remember to always do that! It's hard to plan things with friends only to find out that theiry too busy, or whatever...and it hurts my heart to feel rejected, even if there are valid reasons. I have to remember that I am not their only friend. I am not their only obligation...just like they are not my only friends and I have other priorities...I need to find that peace again that our friendships, our relationship is strong and can endure over time. My friends mean the world to me and I only hope that they know that everyday.


4.    I am happy with my body. I KNOW...Shocker. It's kind of crazy actually. I have been on my "weightloss" journey for 8 month now and can hardly believe how far i've come. Not only in my outward appearance, but how my heart and mentality have changed as well. I have a new appreciation for my body that I never did before. I have a strong heart that pumps blood through my body as I run, bike or workout at the gym. I have strong legs and arms. I flex proudly and am eager for summer so I can tan & wear tanktops again! My mind has stopped telling me that I'm not good enough. I have become this happy-outgoing-positive-encourager to my MFP friends and I hope my real friends too. I have inspired and encouraged others, and I guess I have inspired myself in the process. I am strong. I am good enough.

My life is so good.

No comments:

Post a Comment