[[I stole this from Jenny...]]
1. What was your highest weight, what do you weigh right now, and what is your goal weight?
Last summer, when I finally decided that I needed to make a change, I was at my highest weight ever of 204.8 & yes I hate that number. I think it is ugly & evil, but alas it was nobodys fault besides my own. I gained weight due to being happily married & starting birth control. I gained 25lbs in 1 year. Right now, I currently weigh 171lbs. I am only 0.5lbs above a healthy BMI for my height which was my first goal when I started last July, however, my goal weight now is 155 :)
2. What is your #1 motivation for losing weight?
My motivation for losing weight is being CONFIDENT again and feeling healthy and fit. I want to be able to run a mile in 7 minutes flat and then do a happy dance rather than pass out! haha. I want to fit into anything that I want & feel confident and sexy.
3. Have you always been overweight?
No. I have not, which is part of the reason why I think I'm able to work so hard & not give up. I know what it's like to be healthy and a lean-mean-workout machine. In high school I always felt fat, but in reality I was exactly healthy according to BMI.
4. When you want to give up, what inspires you to keep going?
I am inspired to keep going when I talk to my MFP friends and they remind me how far i've come. I have lost 34lbs & it feels amazing. I don't want to lose the progress that I've already made. I know that I am looking better every week & it encourages me to keep moving in the right direction...which is down!!!
5. What is the #1 thing you look forward to when you hit your goal weight?
When I reach my goal weight, I am going to buy a cute sundress & go out to a fancy place to eat with my lover :) I know that it's going to be work in itself to maintain the weight once I get there, but I'm definitely looking forward to wearing some cute/smaller clothes and totally rockin' it! I want to be the sexy wife that Andrew deserves!
6. Do you have support on your weight loss journey?
I have SO much support. Andrew. My parents. ALL MY FITNESS PAL LADIES!!! I never could have come this far without their constant encouragement despite set-backs and scale obsessions. I love and appreciate all of them for sticking with me no matter what my size or weight has been.
7. What is your favorite exercise?
My favorite exercise is hard to choose. That is because although the cross trainer is my best calorie burner at the gym, I'm not too fond of it. I love that my heart rate is rocketing up & I know that I'm earning each calorie burn, but I much prefer to exercise in ways that it doesn't feel like exercise...Like a good game of tennis, a walk around the lake with Andrew, biking with my family or golfing :)
8. What is the most important thing you have learned on your weight loss journey?
The most important thing that I've learned in the last 6 months throughout this journey is that it takes WORK & it's worth it because I AM WORTH IT!!! It's going to be something that I have to work at my whole life, but once this weight is gone, the journey has just begun. I love eating healthy and working out, so it's good to know that I can do this, no matter what happens, I have what it takes!
I count calories. I stick with a simple strategy of burning more than I take in. My body naturally burns calories everyday so that is my starting point. Then I have a pre-set calorie intake that I can eat everyday, and I can eat more when I exercise. It's pretty simple. Burn those calories, baby! BURN!
I am SO proud of you! Keep it up. You are amazing.
ReplyDeleteseriously! You're doing amazing! So proud of you! I'm looking forward to being able to say I've dropped over 30 pounds! Soon!! hahaha
ReplyDelete